Monday, August 22, 2011

Immigration.

I did it! It took one hour. I am now a resident of Germany. It also cost nothing. Nada, not one cent. First we went to register our temporary address and were treated great, one could even say welcomed. The residency procedure was very easy. I was not asked any questions and they would answer mine. I can work now, too! My child, and all children in germany, recieve 200 euros a month from the state. Health insurance is about 50 euros a month!
In the states my wife had medical exams, finger printing and retnal scans. Twice! It took a lawyer and thousands of dollars plus a wait time of two years. It took 180 days for a work permit. She was treated like a criminal. She was not allowed food assistance when I lost my job, nor could she access health care once she was no longer pregnant. It was a cold and dehumanizing process. It was absolutly refreshing to experience this.
On another not so great note, confederate flags. WTF! I never liked them and hate what it represents. Don't try to white wash it either, cracker. Only whites with racist tendacies can fly that flag with pride. Perhaps it is because the swastika is outlawed. I guess I need to take up graffiti again. It was at the rockabilly (?!) bar, and one other bar here in Hildesheim, where my mother in law lives. This greasy headed boy could accept it in Texas. I refuse to here. Pictures soon.
If something is misspelled, sorry no english on this computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment